Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Flat Tire


Yesterday on the way home from ice skating the tire light on my dash board lit up.  I pulled into the next gas station and checked the tires.  The passenger side tires both looked a little low, so I made a mental note to go up to MMS and have one of the guys check on it today.  I had to be in town for a doctor's appointment at 9:40 this morning and for some reason last night I told myself to leave by 9:00.  When I started the car up I walked around the car to make sure that the tires still looked okay.  The back rear tire was completely flat.  My first thought was, "Okay I can handle this."  I walked into the house and told Caleb, "Get up. I need your help."  I told him the situation and he swung into full gear while I phoned the doctor to warn them that I might be a few minutes late.  Two summers ago, before I drove over 7,000 miles across the country and back, Dennis at MMS had me change the tire on my car.  Chris had walked me through it verbally, but I had never really done it.  Thank you, Dennis, for teaching me and giving me the confidence to take yet another step.  Caleb made me proud, also.  His work with Dave in the hangar prepared him for this and he jumped right in...it made me realize how much he can do, but I don't give him enough credit for it. We found the reason for the flat...we had run over a screw.  The tire has been repaired and is remounted underneath the car and I was only a few minutes late for my appointment.  I can see Chris grinning from ear to ear and saying, "Way to go!!  I knew you could do it!!"

1 comment:

Keith said...

Good job, Dana! Way to go Caleb!