Monday, April 6, 2009

Dogs, Cars and Dinner

It seems that I have several things to post today.  First I wanted to share two recent pictures of Tessa.  The first is Tessa before her grooming appointment.  The second is her after her appointment--quite a difference.  She is our "barky dog" but we love her.  She really is a sweet dog.  












       
      Before                                                                           After

The second event I wanted to share was the AWANA Grand Prix.  Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures of Caleb, b/c he wouldn't cooperate with the camera.  None of the children placed, but they had fun making their cars and doing the work.

Here is Lydia with her ice cream sandwich car.  Josh, from MMS, cut out her car for her.  She got daddy's drill out and put the holes in the bottom of her car to put her own weights on.  She then drilled out JoAnna's car.  She's handy with a drill.

Here is JoAnna with her skateboard car.  She was so proud of her car...she painted the whole thing all by herself.  

The last thing I have to share is about what the children did while I was at work today.  Caleb called me at work this morning and informed me not to plan anything for dinner, b/c he and Lydia wanted to make dinner by themselves. 
Here we are enjoying homemade burritos.  They made the tortillas from scratch and put in our home cooked refried pinto beans, onions, black olives and salsa.  I am so proud of them.  They are learning so much on these Mondays at home.  Dinner was delicious!!  For dessert Lydia made sugar-free jello...two different kinds, raspberry and lime.  I felt spoiled tonight.  I love my children and I am privileged to be their mother.   

No comments: