Friday, March 6, 2009

Lydia's 12th Birthday

This picture of Lydia was taken when she was only 1 day old.  Lydia is sitting next to Love E. Bear...the teddy bear Chris gave me the first Valentines Day we were married.  Yes, she was born with all of that hair and no she didn't loose it.  Notice those long fingers...I always knew those were piano fingers.  : )  I still can't believe that 12 years have passed since Lydia May came into this world.  I remember that morning so distinctly.  I remember looking out the window of my hospital room and wondering if anyone out there realized how much my life had changed...I had a little girl.  When we left the hospital with our baby girl Chris drove extremely slow through the streets of Chicago.  I still smile when I think of the beginning of Chris' protectiveness for his little girl.  They always had a special bond.  I think they bonded so well, b/c Lydia is SOOO much like me in personality that Chris knew how to handle her...he was used to me.      

This first picture is a "trip down memory lane."  This picture of Chris and Lydia was taken the day Lydia turned 9...3 years ago on this date.

This year the puppies even got in on the present giving.  They thought she should announce to the world her devotion to them.

Lydia really wanted to have 2 of her friends, Lauren and Meredith, spend the night.  They came and we had tacos.

Lydia, the birthday girl.

One of the activities on the agenda tonight was to play Raving Rabids on the Wii.  Here are the girls dancing.

1 comment:

Becky Armstrong said...

Okay, Dana, I hadn't looked at your blog for a while. Now I'm not sure I'll be back! You made me cry on this one. I wasn't expecting the picture of Chris and Lydia when I scrolled down. From now on, you need to put a warning!