Saturday, September 5, 2009

Raspberry Pies

Last spring we planted blueberry and raspberry bushes in our yard. They tie for my all time favorite fruit. The blueberries won't be ready for a few summers, but we pick over a cup of raspberries a day. I started freezing them to make a pie. This evening we are having the Heath family for dinner and I decided to use our berries to make a pie to go along with my homemade pizza. We also made a blackberry pie with berries that I had in the freezer.
JoAnna getting the butter ready to make the crust.

Notice JoAnna's apron. Lydia and I made it last week. We have material cut out and ready to make aprons for ourselves, but time has not allowed us to work on them. We have packed our aprons to go to MI with us, and hope to work on them while there. Mom, if you're reading this get your sewing machine out.

Lydia getting her sugar ready to put into her bowl of raspberries.

My faithful helpers.

No comments: