Tuesday, October 20, 2009

October 20th

Today is the day I remember my sweet Christopher's home going. 3 years ago on this day Chris' brother, Tim, raced across the country side with his parents, in their car. He was intent on getting to Good Sam hospital in Zanesville, Ohio, so that we could disconnect Chris' life support. When we left the ICU that night the nurses on duty were all crying. The next morning one of them called me (though she said that she wasn't supposed too, but felt she had to) and told me that the whole ICU nursing staff was touched by Chris' story in the short time he had been there. They were the most touched by the MMS guys who went to sit by his bed (even though he was in a coma) and read Scripture, talk to him, sing to him, joke around with him and pray with him. The character of Chris' visitors was an evident testimony of Christ.

I created this video tribute for my dear Christopher, who even as I type stands in the very presence of Jesus Christ, his Savior.

1 comment:

Rena said...

Dana, I wanted very much to see your video tribute to Chris, but the link only takes me to u-tube and not his video.