Thursday, May 20, 2010

"Caleb Bunyan"

JoAnna took this picture of "Caleb Bunyan" getting ready to cut down the dead tree.

This spring in our new house has been fun as every day we watch to see what flowers will bloom in our yard. One thing I did notice was one of the trees out back that didn't develop leaf buds. Tonight while the children and I weeded around the house I noticed several branches broken off this poor tree. As I explored the tree and pulled on a branch it snapped right off. I made a comment about the tree having to go and before I knew it "Caleb Bunyan" had a shovel and an axe and this picture was the result. "Caleb Bunyan" took care of the dead tree. Great job Caleb...now are you going to dig the hole for whatever tree I decide to replant in it's place??

3 comments:

Becky Armstrong said...

Good for Caleb - doing a man's job!

Karen said...

Better yet, get a flowering cherry tree :o)

Karen said...

Way to take initiative Caleb!
Dana, the water dept in Coshocton pulled out a very cute little tree and it's just sitting there dying!Maybe you could adopt it!