Wednesday, October 20, 2010

4 Years in Heaven

Today marks Chris' 4th year in the presence of his Lord and Savior. I still miss him greatly, but I can honestly rejoice with him...he is WITH JESUS!!!! Here is the link to the slide show video that I made last year in his memory. I also added a few random pictures.


Up to this point in his time at MMS Chris had had several opportunities to get engine experience. This photo (and the one below) were taken in Bolivia. When the team had come together to reassemble the aircraft they were asked, "Who wants to work on the engine?" No one responded so Chris piped up, "I've had experience in this area and I am willing to over see the installation of the engine."

Chris being silly. Gabriel watches his antics.

Chris in front of MAF's 206 - the one Ian's team rebuilt.

The summer before Chris died we dug up around the house to seal the basement. While Chris and Caleb were taking up these paving stones they found an ant colony, complete with eggs and a queen. It actually extended the length of several of the stones.

The week before his brain tumor was found we were taken on a house boat vacation. He was taking the speed boat out for a pleasure ride and before he took it in to the dock he stopped along side the house boat. Marla captured the most precious smile on Chris' face. My mom loves it b/c she thinks he looks like he's asking, "Can I have one?"

1 comment:

Becky Armstrong said...

Was he pretending to be an elephant or was he blowing into a shofar? :) I agree w/ your mom - it does look likes he asking you if he can have a speed boat too!