Sunday, December 14, 2008

Uncle Tim

This blog is sad to write.  This past weekend Chris' brother Tim joined him in heaven.  He was a police officer and he truly loved his work.  He had a servant's heart and helping others was what he was all about.  Two years ago Tim flew to Denver and drove his parents to Ohio (in 1 1/2 days) so that they could be with me when we removed Chris' life support.  He walked into the room and said to me, "You're still coming to Texas for Christmas."  We did go to Texas for Christmas that year.  Please pray for this family as they start down the difficult road of grief--may the Lord carry and protect them.    

I want to share a few pictures of our trip to Texas two years ago.
Here they are playing Zingo, which was JoAnna's Christmas present from Uncle Tim and Aunt Stephanie.

This is Uncle Tim teaching Caleb and Lydia about riding a lawn tractor.  He let Caleb ride by himself, but Lydia went with Uncle Tim.

This is Uncle Tim taking JoAnna for a ride and letting her steer...that was so fun for her.  

JoAnna wanted to take some pictures.  She took a whole bunch of pictures and she got this one of her uncle, not to mention a bunch of her fingers, the ground, the side of the house, the sky...you get the idea.

Here, JoAnna is helping Uncle Tim open one of his Christmas presents.  He didn't seem to mind the extra help.

I don't remember what was going on here, but everyone seems to be having fun.

This is the beautiful locket Tim and Steph gave me for Christmas that year.  What a blessing.  I, in turn, this past week found a beautiful locket and put hers and Tim's pictures in it.  I could hardly wait to give her my gift.  I think she now fully realizes how precious their gift was to me 2 years ago.

No comments: