Saturday, July 26, 2008

JoAnna's missing Daddy

JoAnna came out tonight crying and saying that she misses her Daddy. When this happens we always pray and ask Jesus to give him a big hug from JoAnna and to tell him that she misses him and can't wait to see him again. I think, in some ways, this has been hardest on her, b/c she had the least amount of time with Chris. She, also, doesn't have as many memories so I think sometimes she is afraid of forgetting her daddy. Last summer I found my 35mm camera and it had a roll of film in it. I took it to Wal-Mart and explained that the battery was dead, but I didn't want to buy one battery just to get the roll of film. I also explained that I didn't know if the film was rewound and I wasn't sure what was on it. I told her that it may have pictures of my late husband and I didn't want to loose them--if there were. She took the camera and was able to develope the film. I found pictures of Chris the night he returned from Suriname and saw the redone kitchen for the first time. I also found pictures of JoAnna and Chris snuggled on the couch studying her AWANA Cubbie book. I found this "Daddy's Girl" frame for JoAnna's birthday and I knew exactly which picture to put in it. :) She keeps the picture on her school desk.
I am really enjoying this blog...it is a nice way to keep everyone up to date on what the children and I are up to. I hope you enjoy it, too.

No comments: