Monday, June 1, 2009

Flowers

We have been a little late in getting our flower pots filled up this year.  With all the preparations in getting ready to move we have been a little preoccupied with the inside "things."  Every spring I am drawn to the beautifully colored flowers that the Lord created.  The children tease me b/c, though I always start out well, many times I end up killing my plants. Every year when I say, "Oh, look at the beautiful flowers!!"  They respond by saying that the flowers are all yelling, "No!!  Not the flower killer.  Stay away!!  Nooooo..."   We all have a good laugh, I buy flowers and we go home and plant them.  Tonight the girls helped me.  

Last year the girls and I were at a home improvement store and JoAnna found a .25, half-dead begonia on the clearance rack.  She picked it up and asked me if she could get it for her very own.  I told her that I thought she would do a good job nursing it back to health.  I then told her that we could go get her a pretty pot to replant her little "patient."  As we walked away a grandmother, who hovered nearby, said, "Good mom!!  Way to go."  JoAnna nursed her little plant and she made it flourish.  I am happy to report that this years "little flower patient" is doing well, also.    

Lydia getting ready to load her planter into the chore truck so that she could take it up front.

Lydia with "the chore truck."

JoAnna planting her orange marigolds and purple petunias.

All finished.

No comments: