Monday, June 15, 2009

Oil Change for the Highlander

Today was a good day. I went to MMS and worked on the list of things that Mary left for me to work on. I really enjoyed taking my time and thinking through what I was doing. I hope that I did it all correctly. Caleb went in with me today. One of the things that Dave and Caleb did was change the oil in my car. It was quite sobering to look out the window and see my son sitting behind the wheel of my car as Dave talked him through driving to the back of the hangar. I still keep pinching myself...I can't believe that my son is nearing the age of driving. While we were at the hangar, Lydia and JoAnna held down the fort here at home. Lydia helped JoAnna paint a picture. They cleaned the house, did the dishes and Lydia made lasagna casserole for dinner...very yummy.

Caleb trying to remove the oil filter.


Dave and Caleb putting the new filter in place.


This is the azalea bush we planted up at MMS in Chris' memory. I can't wait to see the brilliant orange flowers bloom.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Your son is looking so sharp and grown up! It just seems like suddenly he's becoming a young man and no longer a boy. It's neat to see. I'm thankful for the influence that Dave is in his life. Way cool!