Saturday, June 20, 2009

Horse Day Camp

This past spring, tucked into an envelope of 4-H papers, I found a flyer. As soon as I saw the page title I knew that I was going to have to make sure we were in town on June 20th. You see, the flyer announced a Horse Day Camp at the Coshocton County Fairgrounds. JoAnna has always loved horses and she was thrilled to be able to sign up for the camp. She learned about brushing and grooming...which included cleaning out the hooves. She also had a lesson in roping. She learned how to get up on the horse, hold the reins, sit in the saddle, ride and dismount. They also made a craft and each participant received a cowboy hat and bandana. If I had been feeling better I may have stayed just to get pictures of the whole day, but as is was I went home and fell asleep. I was able to get back to take some pictures at the end.
Getting her helmet on.

Getting up.

Riding.


I caught her and her counselor sitting on the fence talking. Notice JoAnna's pink cowgirl boots...they came from Aunt Stephanie's sister in Texas.

With her hat, bandana and "rain stick" craft.

No comments: