Friday, August 29, 2008

The Kodiak

Today, the girls and I had the privilege to take a short flight on the Kodiak airplane. Dwight called yesterday and asked if we wanted to go up and I said, "Yes! We'll be there." Unfortunately, we showed up 24 hours early. *sigh* Today...the correct day...we arrived at MMS and the hangar was abuzz with excitement. We were on the first flight. I must admit I felt a little queasy by the time we were over West Lafayette and I was grateful for the little vent above my seat that blew cool air on my face. The girls really enjoyed the flight. I've posted pictures to show them before take off. I also added a aerial picture of Coshocton, Ohio.

When we arrived at the hangar something else was going on. Josh finished the work on Edgar's floats and Edgar was there to pick them up. Edgar is the owner of the airplane that Chris worked on the last year of his life. The plane itself was completed just after Chris' passing. The floats, however, complete "the package". They will allow Edgar more flexibility in his flying. Job well done, Josh. Chris would be proud. I have linked to Josh's blog where he has pictures of his work on the floats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dana --
I am Rena's friend from church who enjoys reading your blog. Although we have not met, you are a very sweet person (according to my sources!). I just wanted you to know that I will be praying for you and I enjoy reading about the stories you share on your blog. I just want to say, Keep up the great work! You have blessed me.
Peggy