Sunday, October 12, 2008

Baptism

On this beautiful Sunday morning our church service started with two young ladies who wished to be baptized.  One was a young lady who just graduated from high school.  The other young lady lives in my house.  Two years ago JoAnna expressed a desire to know more about what Jesus did for her on the cross.  Just a few days before Chris' surgery she asked Jesus to be her Savior.  Well, a few weeks back she told pastor that she wanted to be baptized.  We talked with her and made sure that she understood what baptism means.  At the beginning of the service today both young ladies professed their faith and followed our Lord in baptism.  In a world of disrespectful young people it is a blessing to see two young ladies who desire to follow Jesus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dana,

Yesterday I was on skype with Debra and she told me about Joanna being baptised. And I saw the pictures on your blog today. Wow, this must be so special, to have one of your children baptised. I always read your blog-mail and you give me tears sometimes. You are such a strong woman. I admire you. I know that God is helping you and getting you through the hard periods of life. Debra gave me your adress, I will write you a card soon!
Love, Nicolien.

DeeAnn Brown said...

You must be so proud Dana, and I am very happy for you. We haven't always seen eye to eye in the past, but things have changed for me and I have started to see you for who you are and what your contributions to life mean -- you are truley one of life's earth angels. I miss you terribly now, and ask that you add me to your prayers while I go through a very tough time and try to sort myself out! Maybe one day we can get that closeness back that we once had. Love you, Dee Dee.

Karen said...

way to go Joanna! Praise the Lord!