Thursday, October 9, 2008

Today

I feel so blessed.  I have had several phone calls today to see how I am doing...and to let me know that I am being prayed for.  I can really tell.  I told one friend that I feel like I should be sad, but I feel like I am being upheld by the Lord's strength.  I feel so very blessed.  
One of my young friends, Kirsty, is challenged with Cerebral Palsy.  When Kirsty and her mom came into AWANA last night they gave me a card that Kirsty had made for me.  She told me that it took her 30 minutes to write the message, but she did it.  She wanted me to know that her family is praying for us. 
I love Kirsty.  She lights up her world and her understanding of the Lord is amazing.  I have shared with Kirsty's mom several dreams that I have had about her.  In one dream there were of a bunch of us MMS people running in a field and Kirsty was right in the middle of us.  We were all laughing and enjoying the tall grass and beautiful flowers, but Kirsty's laugh was heard above them all.  It was so sweet.  I love to imagine what heaven will be like.  Heaven has always been real to me, but Chris' death has sweetened my understanding of heaven.  
The other day the children and I were watching an Extreme Makeover Home Edition.  The father of the family is in the military and he is serving in Iraq.  They brought him home for the show and surprised his wife and children.  They ran to meet each other and, of course, they were crying.  By that time my cheeks were pretty wet with tears.  I said to the children, "This is only an earthly reunion and they have only been separated for 10 months.  Can you imagine what it will be like to get to heaven and meet daddy?  When we see him again face to face?"  

"When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be. When we all see Jesus, we'll sing and shout the victory."  AMEN!!! 

No comments: