Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ready for winter

Today was supposed to be school day, but only a little school was accomplished.  I went to the doctor and stopped at the fire station to cast my vote on the way home.  Go McCain and Palin!
This evening the Adelsberger family from MMS came over and helped to get my house ready for the winter.
  I was so glad to have them here.  I think about all of the things that Chris used to do and many times it stops there.  I never really get to doing them.  Caleb figured out how to change the furnace filter so that was already done when they arrived.  Josh raked up and pulled pine needles (from the neighbor's tree) from my gutters. He also power washed my house...which has never been done since we moved here.  Their son Noah and my Caleb mowed the yard.  Hannah and JoAnna picked up pine needles from the mulch.  Kristi and I worked with making sure all the dead flowers were removed and planters were stored in the shed.  It feels so good to have all of that done.  Thank you so much Adelsberger family for helping us get all of those things done.  Sometimes
 it is not that I can't do it, but my mind has so many things to think about.  It ends up being the tyranny of the urgent and outdoor things don't seem "urgent".   The evening ended with my homemade pizza.  Yummy!!   

Thank you Adelsberger Family!!

No comments: