Saturday, November 1, 2008

Time Flies

New Blinds

We sure tend to get busy.  Life as a single mom speeds up and just keeps right on going.  A week or so back Lydia and I went shopping.  The gentlemen at the home improvement store destroyed several sets of blinds before he finally handed them to me and said that they would be close enough.  My mind is a number trap so when he failed to subtract 1 and 3/4 inches from 36 correctly I told him what it was.  I then I told him half of that (so that he could take equal amounts off of each side) but he wouldn't listen to me.  In the end he cut them wrong and we had to find someone who could actually do it.  When we left Lydia asked me why he wouldn't listen to me, I just told her that he was probably too proud to admit that I was actually right. We then talked about how we all have that problem.  We are too proud to go to God and tell Him we messed up and then we try to "fix" it and make it worse.  When will we ever learn??  Lately I have been blown away by the Lord's complete total love for me and I have asked Him how He could still love me when I "blow it".  He gave me a picture of how much I love my own children.  Yes, they "blow it". Yes, they disappoint me.  BUT, I still love them and I always will.
Here we are hanging our new blinds.  It feels good to be able to have a sense of privacy at night. 

Trick or Treating

 With the children being home schooled most of their friends are from church and thus we have a hard time meeting the friend requirement to finish the books.  One option is to pass out invitations in your neighborhood.  We make up invitations and pass them out with our candy on Halloween night.  This past Halloween night we actually saw John McCain and Sarah Palin. Lydia said that we should have given them extra candy!!  Then she looked at me with her devilish look and said, "If someone comes as Obama we'll tell him he gets no candy!!" 

Lydia, JoAnna and their capable assistant Maia waiting to pass out invitations and candy.  

Sparky Day

JoAnna's Sparky Club decorated cookies today and then the went to a Nursing Home and passed them out.  JoAnna is wearing her daddy's apron...it has daddy's hand prints on it.


Getting Ready for Winter

Back at home Caleb was taking down the swing and putting away the summer things.  I'm not sure if he was having more fun looking through Chris' tool box or actually doing the work.  I cleaned out the garage and straightened things up a bit.  Lydia was at a friends with Maia so Tessa was tethered to Chris' tool box to keep me company in the garage.  It is a beautiful day here and a jacket was not needed...one of the last beautiful days of fall.  I just might have to turn the furnace on soon.  Part of the reason I haven't turned it on yet is that Chris would try to get as close to November as he could.  He would be proud of me for making it to November!!  The other part is that I can't remember how to change the filter...I guess I had better ask someone soon or the kids will turn into ice cubes.  I sure wish I had paid more attention when Chris tried to teach me these things.     

No comments: