Thursday, September 18, 2008

Memories

I am going to Michigan to attend my 20th high school class reunion. Yikes!! How did the time go that fast?
Please pray for me as I have been really struggling lately. I have had such a strong longing to talk to Chris. I guess I'm really missing him. I avoided a ladies function at our church. I couldn't explain to myself, let alone anyone else, why I didn't want to go. Sunday morning I was finally able to put my finger on it. I feel like I'm being sucked into a giant black hole of grief. I don't want to go into it...I have been clinging to the Word, trying to stay out of it. I also notice myself reverting into the responses of overwhelmed confusion that I had right after Chris died. I am grumpy, irritable and impatient with the children. I don't like being like this.

Just weeks before Chris died Lydia entered an essay contest and won. I wanted to post her submission as a tribute to her daddy.
My Dad is my hero because...
...he fixes airplanes for missionaries. He has been to Bolivia, Suriname, and Indonesia to help put airplanes back together.
He takes me on dates.

He plays games with me.

He is going to let me get a fish.

I love my daddy and he loves me.
by Lydia, age 9
This bike was the prize for the winning entry.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey, I am headed to my 20th class reunion this weekend too in Toledo. We leave in the morning!! We will have to swap stories. I will be praying for you! Looking forward to ladies retreat!