Tuesday, September 9, 2008

No more Tessa jumping from the bed

What a day. Tessa is our "odd" dog. She does not look like a Bichon. She does not act like a Bichon. A few months ago at my parents house she got her front, right paw stuck under the stove. We had to move the stove to free our squealing dog. She limped for a few days, but all seemed well. Then about 1 1/2 months ago I accidentally put a kitchen chair on the same paw...she didn't limp or seem hurt. A week later she jumped off my bed (a captain's bed with two sets of drawers under it--it's pretty high). She then started limping on the same paw. I thought that maybe she had sprained it, so we tried to wait things out. Today (with dollar signs dancing in my head) I finally broke down and called the vet. The vet was stumped b/c during the initial exam nothing felt out of the ordinary. She took an x-ray and found that Tessa had an impact fracture on the growth plate in her leg. The fracture was from a few weeks ago and had pretty much healed, but the splint will give it strength as it finishes healing. She is also supposed to stay calm for the next few weeks...no rough housing. Tessa and Maia, not chasing one another...hmmm...I wonder what that looks like. I am glad that she is okay. She may be odd, but she is our Tessa and we love her.

Today we enjoyed the cooler weather. We sat outside in the grass and the children took spelling tests. That is why we home school. We love having school any place we feel like it.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Poor Tessa! She's lucky to have such a loving family.