Monday, September 29, 2008

Reserve Grand Champion


This past weekend was long, but very fulfilling. The girls and I left early Saturday morning for Youngstown. We attended a missions event and I shared a story with the children in the morning. During lunch I was able to reconnect with several people from churches who are a part of keeping me at MMS. What a blessing to reconnect with friends who I haven't seen in almost 2 years. I was able to sit in on the adult missions session in the afternoon. Jim, one of the speakers, spoke on his work as a Bible translator. Bible translation work, as some of you know, has always been a deep desire of mine. The girls and I then hit the road and traveled back to Coshocton for an MMS going away party.
The fair is a big deal here in Coshocton. So many young people participate in the fair that the schools close down for a couple days. Sunday afternoon found us at the Jr. Fair arena at the fair grounds. Lydia's fair project was Maia, our Bichon. She had her You and Your Dog interview at noon. She was interviewed by a judge, who tested her knowledge of the things in the 4-H book. We found something for lunch and returned shortly before 2:00...at which time the actual dog show started. Lydia did a good job remembering what she was taught. Maia, however, kept jumping on Lydia wanting to be picked up. When all was said and done Lydia and Maia placed as the Reserve Grand Champion. My mother asked me what that means and I explained that it's a fancy name for second place. Pretty good, for their first year. She wants to show Maia again next year...now that she knows what is expected of her. When we arrived home Tessa went bonkers to see Maia again. Maia 'passed out' on the floor...she slept from the time we walked in the door until morning (with the exception of outside business). All said and done I would say that the weekend was rewarding.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Congratulations, Lydia! Great job!

Karen said...

Way to go Lydia! Wish we could have seen you and Maia!