Friday, September 5, 2008

Wilson

The beginning of this blog entry is silly, but as I surfed through pictures the other night I couldn't resist.

In the spring of 2002 we went out to Seattle to visit with Chris' family. We stayed in tents at a state park near his parents house. As is custom in Seattle it was cold and rainy most of the time we were there. The tent awning kept sagging so Chris found this big rock to put on the edge of it to keep the water draining. Every time we went into or out of the tent we forgot about "the rock" and we ended up with a few bumps on heads and a couple of smashed toes. We had fun teasing Chris about his rock. When we left Chris put the rock on the dash board of the van, calling it his souvenir. Some where along the trip home the rock picked up the name Wilson. Wilson sat on our piano until a visit from my parents, when Wilson disappeared. We found out that he had been kidnapped by my mother. Well...on the next visit to their place Wilson hitchhiked a ride back to our house (in Chris' bag). Chris then took pictures of Wilson doing things with the children and sent them to my mom. She called up, laughing and thus the saga of Wilson continued. He would always disappear from whichever house he was at. One time he arrived at our house in box with curly white hair, button eyes, glasses and a top hat. Oy!! My mom and Chris had a great relationship. She and my father thought of Chris as their own son. They loved him dearly and miss him greatly.


Today was JoAnna's first soccer game of the fall. I really like this camera for taking pictures of the games. She and her friend, Lee, were defenders and JoAnna gave her coach the thumbs up sign that she was ready. She plays soccer the way she goes through life...kinda of in a happy go lucky, smiley way...so when she actually got her foot on the ball I tried to get the shot.

I have tried for days to get this blog posted, but I am having problems uploading pictures. I have learned to make the file size smaller, so I don't think that's the problem. I hit the browse button to search for my picture and Internet Explorer completely closes down. Thankfully the blog saves itself often so retyping isn't necessary. Does anyone have any idea what's going on. I searched Blogspot's files some, but I don't have time to search all of them. I had troubles when I tried to upload my Kodiak pictures, also.

1 comment:

Karen said...

"Wilson"! Ha! I love it! Those are the things good memories are made of. :o)